Things You Can Do Now
10 Ways to Motivate Yourself with a New Attitude
- Choose something you like to do or want to try; make your physical activities as enjoyable as possible.
- Understand there is no "right" or "wrong" activity.
- Set small goals for yourself.
- Stay active throughout the day as shorter stretches of time still count.
- Check with your doctor about recommendations for your specific needs. Anyone at any age or weight can benefit from staying active.
- Find ways to keep moving indoors.
- Make getting physically fit personal. Know that you are doing something for you and you will feel better for it.
- Utilize some of that television time and tune into a fitness program and join in.
- Take some of the normal time spent with the family to do something active.
- Know that the goal is to stay active, not necessarily become a star athlete.
Looking at physical activity and fitness from a new and fresh outlook can increase the likelihood that you will see the benefits of moving more - helping you to stay active with a new attitude!
Source: Visions, Vol. 20, No. 3 (616k PDF), Author: Sharese Porter